Wednesday, March 5, 2014

On the ferry !

First day of the six day trek to Almunecar is done. All went smoothly and we arrived in Göteborg in good time. Found our hut on the ferry , dropped overnight bags and went to a dinner with everything an expat Swede could wish for. Why don't I have eight stomachs ! Ther were every kind of herring, caviar, shrimp as well as edamame and some other token greens. I skipped the BBQ stuff , had a little paella and went straight for the desserts !  Included was also free wine . At the moment I feel very full and mellow. There is entertainment going on tonight but I think we may just relax and go to sleep. I am so glad I practiced sleeping in a closet space with no window already while in Stockholm ! 
As we go to sleep it is lunch time for you ( at least for my American friends ) We are lulled to sleep by the ship's gentle rolling along. Don't think I will be awake to see Öresunds bron this time ....again .
Only one disappointment when we ended up seated with a couple who really annoyed us on a previous trip but it went well and a good time was had by all.
I am thinking I need to remember the feeling of the rolling of the boat right now  when I am over Greenland in an airplane . Also, when I close my eyes in the bus , it shakes and bumps a lot too, just like the airplane !
Hope everyone is doing well in your various corners of the world ! We are doing GREAT !


No comments:

Post a Comment